Monday, January 9, 2012

Memein' Mondays

I’m mildly OCD. By OCD I actually mean “CDO” because you know…that’s the alphabetical order the letters go in. But seriously. It’s a mild case. My compulsions are mercifully limited only to things that get in my way instead of extending on to others. Just for fun here’s a small, incomplete list of my issues:

- I can’t leave a bathroom (or stall) until the toilet finishes flushing and refilling.
- I have to nod at every green light I drive under. Oddly…not when I’m just a passenger.
- I have to check that all doors are locked 3 times during the night (when Seth leaves, when I let the dogs out for the last time, and before I shut down for bed).
- I bow my head when I say hello.
- I use my blinker everywhere (even for the driveway) for fear of being seen as an asinine driver.

- I eat my foods one group at a time. If I move on to mashed potatoes before I finished my biscuit...then I'm not going to go back and finish my biscuit.

- I eat my M&Ms in order of color. Brown > Red > Yellow > Blue > Orange > Green (in order of my least to favorite M&M color). I get stressed out if I'm eating them from a bag where I can't do this.

Oh yeah. I also make lists. For. Everything. I operate better with things written down. It’s not that I’m afraid of forgetting…I just enjoy recording my plans for the day. I once went through a thing of Post-It notes in about 2 days. I make lists for meals, for crafts that I want to try, schedules that need to be followed, and for random measurements of things in the house. I even made a list for this blog about different topics I want to write about over time. I have you guys booked for about 2 solid months =D

But a friend of mine commented about my aspiration to start a blog by saying he would only read it if I posted memes.

MEMES [meem]: An Internet meme is an idea that is propagated through the World Wide Web. The idea may take the form of a hyperlink, video, picture, website, hashtag, or just a word or phrase, such as intentionally misspelling the word "more" as "moar" or "the" as "teh". The meme may spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, news sources, or other web-based services.” – Wikipedia

Basically a meme is the evolution of an inside joke. They usually have terrible grammar, perpetually use caps lock, contain enough typos to make spell check explode, and poke fun at life (typically sterotypes).  Or you can just remember it as being “that ridiculous picture that makes no sense but people find absolutely hilarious”. I’m one of those people! Just in case you’re one of them too here’s a little thing I’m going to start: Memein’ Mondays!









No comments:

Post a Comment