Sunday, January 29, 2012

Diet Coke Brownies ---> Success!

Hello again! I’ll be adding more on my pantry soon but I wanted to add in a quick short for a recipe that I just tried out earlier. It’s been circulating around on pintrest for weeks now but I never really bought into it…even though it’s supposedly the “secret” to Weight Watcher brownies. But I’ve had a box of brownie mix sitting in my cabinet for a while now and I rediscovered them while I was rearranging for my pantry. I’ve avoided making them because:

1) I adore raw batter (“Salmonella my ass…I’m eating the batter!”)
2) I can’t seem to put on the brakes once I eat a brownie. 1 turns into 2…and so on.


Anyway! I’ve been trying to track down the original “pin” where this recipe was found even though that person isn’t the creator either (that credit reportedly goes to Weight Watchers). You can find the original pinned site right here.

I’ll give you my blow by blow including pictures of exactly what I used:

- 1 box dry brownie mix
- 12 fl. Oz. Diet Coke


My batter: Betty Crocker’s Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix (you can use any)


I used Sam’s Choice Diet Coke (though you may use Coca Cola Diet Coke or any other discount brand of “diet coke” you choose).

(My pan was a 9 x 13 dark metallic pan)

Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your pan
- Combine Diet Coke and brownie mix in bowl. You may have to pour the Diet Coke gradually into the mix because it fizzes quite a bit! A few stirs and the foamy texture will disappear. You will be left with a very liquidy batter!
- Pour batter into pan and cook according to time directed on box. I added 4 minutes to the maximum suggested time (for my pan size it said 22-25 minutes so I went with 25 + 4 = 29 minutes).
- Enjoy!


Seriously can’t get much easier than that eh? It passed both the husband AND the toddler test. Most important it passed my test =D No eggs, water, milk, vegetable oil, ect. Just Diet Coke and brownie mix. Slash out a lot of calories and fat grams while you’re at it! Now I'm off to eat my 2nd brownie of the day...because I can!

Until next time <3

No comments:

Post a Comment